Monday, April 26, 2010

Boobquake: Shaking those who oppress women by trying to shake the earth

In support of science, skepticism, silliness, and sassiness--as well as (the non-alliterative) rationality--and to strike a blow against superstition, misogyny, and the oppression of women, I am, as previously announced, participating in the bold Boobquake experiment today. 

It took a while for me to decide what to wear, trying to find the line between immodesty that will "lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society" leading to an increase in earthquakes and not being completely inappropriate when I do my grocery shopping.

I contemplated which top or dress would balance the necessary sexiness without being too slutty. I hope I made a good choice.



As to concerns I've heard expressed, "What if there is a major earthquake on Boobquake day? Isn't there a risk that you might end up confirming the claim that women dressing in ways that make men go wild leads to earthquakes?" my son's girlfriend, who is also participating in Boobquake today, has a wonderful answer: "Then men ought to really fear us. We women are truly powerful."

1 comment: