Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Facebook Follies: Talent Scout for Christ

Today's episode of "Facebook Follies" is not courtesy of my Facebook friends, although it's only a rare day that goes by without my finding a candidate, or two, or more, for the FF blog series. For the first time, FF is featuring a Facebook targeted ad, one of those paid ads that show up on the right side of your Facebook page.

Now when I pay any attention to them at all, the ads generally seem related to the information on my personal page: my age, career, "likes and interests."

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spied an ad "Talent Scout for Christ." Wait! What? Where did that come from?

It was with some trepidation that I clicked on the link, afraid that it would lead me to some booby-trapped site set to infect the computers, or minds, of atheists.

I must admit that I was a bit surprised when I ended up, not at a site looking for new converts, but at AMTC Audition, Actors, Models, & Talent for Christ, "a movement to launch stars who are role models in the entertainment industry.....AMTC is a bridge between performers who love God and career-making agents."

Ah huh.

Still can't figure out what on my Facebook page could have triggered that ad, but given my "likes and interests" on my page, I'm having a good time imaging what it could possibly have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment